Hamid Jabbar is a former large firm lawyer with over a decade of experience.
Hamid began his career at O’Melveny & Myers LLP, one of the world’s most prestigious firms. He later clerked for the Hon. Earl H. Carroll, United States District Judge for the District of Arizona, and became a shareholder with Tiffany & Bosco, P.A. He is licensed to practice law in both California and Arizona, in federal and state court.
- UCLA School of Law, Juris Doctor
UCLA Law Review, Comments Editor, Vol. 52; Staff, Vol. 51
- New York University, Bachelor of Music in Music Business, cum laude
Significant Litigation Experience
- In re: Employee-Benefit Insurance Brokerage Antitrust Litigation. Represented Life Insurance Company of North America and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CIGNA) in multi-state putative class action litigation in New Jersey alleging RICO, antitrust, and various state law causes of action related to broker compensation practices in employee-benefit insurance market.
- Marvel Comics v. NCSoft, et al. Represented publisher of massively multiplayer online role playing game “City of Heroes” in lawsuit alleging various trademark and copyright infringement claims.
- Mattel v. MGA Entertainment, et al. Represented maker of “Bratz” dolls against claims by Mattel that the dolls constituted copyright infringements and were based on Mattel trade secrets.
- UMG Recordings, Inc. v. MySpace, Inc., et al. Represented online social networking website and parent company in lawsuit alleging various novel theories of online copyright infringement. Drafted successful motion to dismiss California state Unfair Competition Claims (Cal. Bus. P. Code Sec. 17200) on federal preemption grounds.
- Jose Padilla, et al. v. John Yoo. Counsel of record for Amici Curiae Legal Ethics Scholars in Support of Plaintiffs-Appellees and Affirmance. Amicus brief available here.
Music, Entertainment & Art Law Experience
Prior to law school, Hamid attended New York University where he earned his Bachelor of Music degree with a major in Music Business. Over the years, he has continued his musical pursuits as both a guitar player and composer. As a lawyer, Hamid has represented a number of digital media companies, galleries, fashion designers, musicians, film producers and entertainment companies. He is a co-founder of the international recording label Shelsmusic and serves as the label’s general counsel. Hamid counsels select clients on entertainment related matters.